Monday, February 25, 2008

A Killer Disease 6/6/2007


An Open Letter To All My Friends On A.D.

I was recentely diagnoised with
Alzheimers. Needless to say I have been having a hard time adjusting and accepting it. There is no cure at the present time and my out look on life is not the same as it was a month ago. Yet I must face the reality of the situation and come to terms with it, which I am endeavoring to do.

My family has been very supportive
and have helped me get through the first hurrendous weeks of anger,crying, denial then acceptance.
(I still hold on to the hope that the Doctor is wrong. Guess every one does that tho)
I have prayed more than usual, and I know my Lord will help to ease my burdens .

I have decided to write about how it started and the disease itself in hopes it will enlighten others and make them more aware of this fatal disease which afflicts about five million Americans.

There is always hope for new medical treatments. That thought sustains and gives me hope at this time. God Bless .....M ( I will be posting my information under stories )



No comments: